British Airways is to start a new route concerning Gatwick and Montego Bay in Jamaica from October thirteen, 2020.
Demonstrating its motivation to the Caribbean, the airline has also now resumed flying to Antigua (from August one), Barbados (from July eighteen), Kingston (also Jamaica, from July twenty) and St Lucia (from July 25), albeit with reduced frequencies.
Flights to Montego Bay, which will be operated by a three-cabin (World Traveller, World Traveller Moreover and Club World) Boeing 777, will depart on Tuesdays and Saturdays and are now on sale on ba.com, with costs starting from as lower as £427 return.
As a vacation spot, Montego Bay is a tourist hotspot, famed for its gorgeous beaches, drinking water sports, resorts and nightlife.
Diane Corrie, British Airways commercial manager for the Caribbean, mentioned: Were psyched to be extending our community at the time yet again concerning London Gatwick and the Caribbean with the start of this new flight to Montego Bay in October, as nicely as resuming our solutions to Antigua, Barbados, Kingston and St Lucia.
We know men and women are eager to travel and the sunshine and beaches across the Caribbean mixed with excellent resorts and enjoyment tends to make it a successful vacation spot. And with flights to our new Montego Bay route starting from under £500 return, whats not to really like?!
Consumers whose flights were impacted in excess of current months, and who claimed a voucher can use it in the direction of the flights. Alternatively, Avios can also be employed in the direction of Reward flights, upgrades, hotels and car rental. When making use of Avios part payment, customers can pick from a vary of savings by vacation spot and cabin and they continue to obtain Avios and Tier Details on their bookings. Consumers should really examine ba.com for full aspects.
Colin Pegler, Chairman of the Caribbean Tourism Organisation Chapter United kingdom & Europe, mentioned: The CTO Chapter United kingdom & Europe is greatly encouraged by BAs return to the Caribbean. As one particular of the Caribbeans most crucial and longstanding flight associates we are delighted to see these kinds of endorsement from our national provider. It is important to the location, our tour operator, hotel and vacation spot associates that the resumption of airlift is rapid and extensive as we glimpse forward to welcoming visitors at the time additional.
Security is at the heart of British Airways enterprise and the airline has introduced a vary of actions to retain its customers risk-free and is asking customers to abide by the new actions to enable manage the wellness of everyone travelling.
These include things like:
- checking-in on line, downloading their boarding move and where by achievable self-scanning their boarding passes at the departure gate
- observing social distancing and making use of hand sanitisers that are placed all over airports
- donning a facemask at all periods and bringing plenty of to swap them every four hrs for lengthier flights
- asking customers not to travel if they believe they have any symptoms of Covid-19
- cabin crew donning PPE and a new food provider, which lowers the number of interactions necessary with customers
- Asking customers to be certain they have all the things they require from their hand luggage right before departure, and where by achievable, storing their carry-on bag under the seat in entrance of them
The airline is cleaning all important surfaces which includes seats, screens, seat buckles and tray tables soon after every flight and each aircraft is totally cleaned from nose to tail every day. The air on all British Airways flights is completely recycled at the time every two to three minutes through HEPA filters, which take away microscopic microorganisms and virus clusters with in excess of 99.nine% efficiency, equivalent to hospital operating theatre standards.
On British Airways new flights to Montego Bay, Donovan White, Jamaica Tourist Boards Director of Tourism, mentioned: Were delighted that British Airways has introduced a two times weekly provider to Montego Bay from London Gatwick from October thirteen, 2020, incorporating to its regular London Gatwick Kingston provider and further more bolstering the number of flights from the United kingdom to Jamaica. For the duration of these unparalleled periods, Jamaica has carried out strong wellbeing protocols to be certain the wellbeing of all inhabitants and website visitors. As an very popular Caribbean vacation spot, with in excess of 225,000 Brits checking out each year, we glimpse forward to welcoming even additional British website visitors. Now additional than at any time, we are thrilled to have British Airways ongoing assist to generate visitation from the United kingdom industry.
Notes to editors:
- Flight BA2265 will depart London Gatwick on Tuesdays and Saturdays at 12.20pm arriving at five.30pm and the BA2264 will return from Montego Bay to London Gatwick on Tuesdays and Saturdays at seven.30pm arriving at nine.25am the following day.
- Conditions and ailments apply see ba.com for aspects
- Direct in fare of £427 is a hand baggage only fare
- The Montego Bay provider will run in excess of the winter season period until eventually Easter 2021
- All new routes keep on being matter to authorities approval
This information content was configured by WebWire editorial personnel. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Push Release Distribution Companies Presented by WebWire.